PermaTrak North America President Jason Philbin, P.E. discusses design criteria for elevated boardwalks, observation decks, and fishing piers in the video below.
- PermaTrak's concrete boardwalk system can be used for elevated applications as long as the foundation system is considered and you have something that will structurally withstand the lateral loads that are applied to the boardwalk.
- For low lying boardwalks, a PermaTrak precast pier foundation system may be utilized.
- In elevated conditions, a driven pile or Sonotube formed columns may be used as the foundation for the boardwalk.
- For very tall conditions, diagonal cross-bracing will be required structurally no matter what material is placed on top of the boardwalk.
- PermaTrak has been used in observation platforms, piers, kayak launchpads, etc.
Boardwalk Foundations: Which Type is Right for My Project?