Thank you for visiting us and learning more about concrete boardwalks! Below you'll find information covering concrete boardwalk installation cost, long-term maintenance costs, concrete boardwalk technical specifications, material warranty information, and testimonials from agency or municipality owners, and safety information (including slip and fall) for publicly used boardwalks and pedestrian bridges.
In reviewing these materials, we're confident that you will soon realize that PermaTrak is not the cheapest option in the world of boardwalks or pedestrian bridges. It may not be the right fit for your project, your agency or your municipality. PermaTrak is, however, the most durable commercial boardwalk option, and will offer the most long-term value with a design life of 50-75 years without any required annual maintenance.
As you probably realize, publicly funded (open bid) projects often disallow boardwalk or pedestrian bridge materials from being sole sourced. To date, all but one of our projects have been publicly funded- and on each job a technical performance specification was used. Typically, accompanying the drawings is a performance technical specification (you can download a sample technical specification here) that establishes the minimum standards of desired products for your boardwalk project.
Articles You May Find Helpful
- What Kind of Maintenance Is Required for a Concrete Boardwalk?
- Concrete Boardwalk Installation for US Fish & Wildlife
- Boardwalk Construction Estimates: How Much Does a Boardwalk Cost?
- Designing and Building Wetland Boardwalks: Top Down Construction
Videos You May Find Helpful
- A Day in the Life at Campbell Creek Greenway - Charlotte, NC
- Boardwalk at Wolf Lake Trail in Hammond, IN - Leon's Triathlon
- Julian B. Lane Riverfront Park - Tampa, FL
- Concrete Boardwalk Installation Over Tree Roots - Charleston, SC
- Applications Where Boardwalks are Not a Good Fit
- Boardwalk with Sandblast Slip-Resistant Texture - Charlotte, NC
- Top 3 Benefits of PermaTrak's Concrete Boardwalk System
- Boardwalk Cost Information - Installed Cost, Engineering Fees, etc.
- Comparing Commercial Boardwalk Materials
- Multi Use Trails, Greenways and Parks: Design & Improvements
Hear what other owners have to say about PermaTrak:
"Wanted to drop you a line regarding the installation of your boardwalk system as part of our river trail project here in Windsor, CT. We are all very pleased with the end result. Functionally, aesthetically, and from a maintenance perspective, I don't believe we could have used a better product. The tech support given by Bob Zimmerman was exceptional as well. He was on the job every day ready to help with construction and willing to answer any questions or solve any issues that popped up. He was an asset to the project, thanks for sending him out to give us guidance. I will keep your products in mind for future projects. Feel free to use me as a referral too."
-Glenn F. Cusano, Construction Inspector
Town of Windsor Engineering Department
Windsor Riverfront Multi-Use Path
"Jason Philbin came to our office and did a nice presentation about the materials and installation process, which helped all of our staff better understand the product and installation methods before construction. Shop drawings were prepared in a professional manner, and all comments were readily addressed. Bob Zimmerman was on site to help guide the installation process with our contractor which helped ensure a good product. The contractor was also given proper direction from PermaTrak about the size and type of equipment that would be suitable for use on top of the boardwalk during construction. Overall the support was excellent. We are pleased with the overall appearance on the finished product. My opinion is that it fits very well with the path."
-Stephen Braun, P.E., Assistant Town Engineer
Town of Glastonbury, CT